Saturday, January 12, 2008

Start of a New Year - 2008

I begin a brand new year with much excitement, wondering what new things it will bring. I look back over the past year and cherish many fresh experiences, some through my storytelling travels and some of them personal. No matter what we do or where we go, there is always a later time to reflect upon them and discover many rich stories. Maybe you are saying, “But I’m not a storyteller.” Whether you are aware of it or not, each one of us is a storyteller. Maybe it isn't in the sense of ‘standing on a stage’ telling stories to a crowd, but we do share stories about our own experiences every day, whether it is with a family member, a co-worker, a committee member or a close friend.

In 2007 I traveled across North Carolina and into South Carolina telling stories. Several times I also traveled up and down the east coast from Atlantic City, New Jersey to Tampa, Florida. The year was filled with many interesting experiences that are too numerous to mention. I will, however, mention two of my most exciting storytelling opportunities.

I was invited to be an after-dinner speaker at The Lifelong Access Libraries Leadership Institute in August at Chapel Hill, NC and I was asked to present my We Have Stories to Tell program for the Friends of the Library at the Ashe County Public Library, West Jefferson, NC in September. It was a privilege to be invited by these two organizations to share some of my stories. As it so often happens, I think I gained more from the experience than they did. The more energy I expend in my work the more blessings I seem to receive.

I offer programs for a wide variety of ages, groups and organizations. Take a look at my website at Storytraditions.com. I can adapt my programs to fit your individual need. Schedule your booking now before my calendar fills up.